Friday 14 October 2011

Three Cheers!

At last after an year of buying my sewing machine, I bought the table and chair for it. I have not fully acquainted myself with this new machine.

I learnt sewing on my Mom's 45 year old Usha hand machine. My Mom is very good with it. She used to sew all her sari blouses and still does. All our clothes right from our child hood  to our teens were stitched by her.

Previous to that, she used to sew by hand and my late aunt, used to always praise my Mom's sewing. She used to say that my Mom's stitching was so perfect that it looked as if stitched by a sewing machine. My Mom also embroiders very beautifully.

My passion in Needle Work is genetical :) :) and  I got it from my Maternal Grand Mother and My Mom. All my maternal aunts are very proficient in sewing, embroidery and other crafts. 

[...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts